Friday, January 4, 2013

two weeks and a day

I feel like life is on fast forward. It amazes me how quickly the time goes by with toddlers and a newborn. Mr. W went back to work on Wednesday so I'm all alone for the third day. I was a little worried, but it's been okay. Katie is a good baby overall and I'm just getting stuff done while I can during the day.

I have had to let a few things slide though which is hard for me since I'm a bit rigid. I am able to get most things done, but some things have had to go. Baths haven't been as long or every day for the boys. I ended up just giving them a bath in the sink this morning when I had time. Clearly they are a bit too big for this, but I'm going to go with it until we get a better night time routine established. I figure we're only two weeks in I need to cut myself some slack.

I'm actually going to start working again on January 14. Yikes. Thankfully I only work 20 hours a week and it is all remote so it should be fine, but I'm a little nervous about balancing everything. I'm sure it will get better once little miss K is on more of a schedule and sleeping though the night eventually. For now I guess I'll just go with the flow!

G is quite a helper with the baby, but B doesn't want much to do with her yet. He doesn't seem to mind her, he just doesn't have much of an interest.

G actually held her the other day:


B was happy to play in her diaper box:


Life might be busy and a bit chaotic at times, but I feel so blessed to be given this life! I'm starting 2013 with a full heart for sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment